Best Practices - Writing a Great Job Description
It's no secret - that great job descriptions attract great candidates. But, unless you're a master wordsmith, getting everything in place can be tricky.
We've written a few blog posts to help you out, which you can check out here and here.
In addition, we wanted to share with you our not-so-secret outline to make job description creation a snap!
Summary of the company
- Explain what type of company you are
- What are your future goals?
- What problems are you trying to solve?
- What is unique or meaningful about your culture?
Summary of the job
- Discuss the day-to-day the job
- What department is the job in?
- Who will this person be working daily with (customers, coworkers, etc.)?
Critical functions of the job
- How does this job relate to the company goals?
- How will this employee help the company?
Job requirements (whether mandatory or preferred)
- Technical knowledge and skills
- Travel requirements (if applicable)
Equipment used for the job (if applicable)
- Heavy machinery
Company benefits and perks
- Salary range
- Health insurance
- Vacation plans
- What makes your organization unique?
We hope this outline helps you on the road to excellent candidates. Feel free to reach out with questions at any time - firstname.lastname@example.org!