Integration: How to sync Trakstar Hire with your Outlook Calendar
How do I set it up?
What can Hire access, within my team's Outlook account?
- Sign in and read user profile. This permission allows Hire to get refresh tokens. These are used to refresh the access token to maintain uninterrupted calendar sync for a user. More information about this permission can be found here.
- Read all users' full profile. This permission is required to access users' email, in order to identify the users in Outlook and their corresponding user in Hire. More information about this permission can be found here.
- Read and write calendars in all mailboxes. This permission is used to create events from Hire into users' calendars, and to show the events from a user's Outlook calendar in Hire.
Event Privacy - how does that work?
We have updated our Outlook calendar integration to match the privacy/busy settings that are set on Outlook. We made this decision after an abundance of feedback from our clients who wanted their private events to remain not visible to their team to protect data privacy.
If you'd like to see your events on your calendar, you'll need to adjust the private/busy settings on your Outlook calendar settings. Our system will match whatever you have set in Outlook!
It works like this:
In Trakstar, the event title will only be visible when:
- In Outlook, the sensitivity of the event is set to something other than - private, confidential, or personal
- User has not marked the event as busy
I'm set up! Now what?
What if I used Outlook Exchange?
Our Exchange sync requires at minimum Exchange 2016 CU3 On Premise or, a current Microsoft 365 Exchange in the Cloud tenant.
What if I use a Government Outlook account?
Government Outlook accounts do not allow 3rd party integrations in the manner Trakstar Hire needs to connect with.
Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com!