10 Steps to Trakstar Hire Success
You've accepted your invite, worked with our onboarding team, and you're excited to get started - we're excited too! We want to make sure you're setting yourself up for success, so we've put together these easy, ten steps to ensure that you're getting the most of your account as you begin to publish openings and see candidates flow in!
Before getting in too deep - we suggest enrolling in our Super Admin Training Course. This helps you get the most out of the software! Learn more about this here.
1. Set up custom hiring stages: Play around with adding, removing, and customizing your hiring stages on the opening you create. Think about your hiring workflow and how it can be translated into your Trakstar Hire account. Learn more here.
2. Customize your application form: Try utilizing various Answer Types that can help you, screen candidates. Learn more here. You should also set up an automated response, so your candidates know you have received their application and communicate the next steps. Learn more here.
3. Customize interview and review stage evaluation forms: Check out this excellent webinar discussing best practices for evaluation forms - you can listen to it here.
Have you completed steps 1-3? Guess what? You've just created your dream hiring workflow! Moving forward, these preset could be copied to other openings, saving you time and creating consistency within your hiring. To copy an opening, create a new opening and choose "Copy details from another opening" in the top right:
4. Create yourself as a test candidate in your account, and move them through the hiring stages - schedule some interviews, send the profile for review, and leave comments on the profile. This will help you get an idea of what the candidate experience is like and how easy it is to move candidates through stages & communicate with your team. Learn more here.
Once you get a sense of openings and candidates, here are additional items to work on, under Settings:
5. Decide what user levels you'd like to set up your team and invite additional users!
6. Sync your external calendar, so you can seamlessly check availability for interviews and have events synced directly to your schedule. Learn how to sync Google calendar here or Outlook here.
7. Create email templates for any messages you may want to re-use, such as rejections or written tests.
8. Set up follow-up questionnaires to send to candidates who you've screened.
9. Learn more about sharing jobs manually to any job board
10. Embed jobs directly on your website via the Jobs Widget or share your Trakstar Hire Hosted Site with the world!
These steps will be the bulk of the setup for your account and allow you to share your openings and get candidates into your account!
What if I need help?
We love to help! The best way to reach our team is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within Trakstar Hire, you can reach us via the Question Mark button in the bottom left corner of your account. Just click on "Ask" to send us a message.
The folks here on the Customer Success team are excited to have you on board, and we look forward to hearing from you!