How can I bulk manage my users?
Team collaboration is an essential part of Hire, but it can be challenging to get all of your users set up. We've created an option that allows you to bulk upload & manage users, making it easier to ensure all of your team members have the correct permission, user levels, and access within your account.
Want to learn more about creating a new user and user permissions? Click here.
Bulk user is only available on certain pricing plans. Interested? Reach out about an upgrade!
Watch the video below, or read on to learn more about bulk managing your users!
How can I bulk upload or manage users within my account?
A Super Admin can access the page to begin via Settings > Company Settings > Users, and clicking on Bulk Manage in the upper right corner.
This will bring up Bulk User Management page, where you can manage and create new users with a file upload.
How do I bulk upload new users? Can I edit or manage current users with these bulk management tools?
You have the option to not only bulk create new users, but take action and bulk edit your current users as well. All of this action will be done via a CSV file you download locally and then upload back into your Hire account.
To get started, click the link under Add & Update Users to download all current user data as a CSV file. This can be opened with any spreadsheet program.
Here are some general guidelines, to help set you up for success:
- Double check all data before uploading it into the Hire system.
- You can assign users to openings only when adding a new user to the system via this interface. To add users currently in the system to an opening, scroll down to view the directions for Assign users to openings.
- When removing - or deactivating - a user, make sure you select another user to transfer ownership of any pending tasks. If there are pending tasks and no transfer is made, we will not be able to remove the user.
The sheet will have all data and information regarding your current users. Here's an example of how your spreadsheet will look: To add new users, enter their information below the current users, along with their assigned User Role. Be sure to put Add in the action column, next to any new users you'll be creating.
There will be additional options to change users as well - you can remove (deactivate) a user or update (if you want to change their user level/permissions). If you will be removing a user, be sure to assign any openings, candidates, or other pending tasks to another user. If there are any pending tasks, we won't be able to deactivate them.
The full list of fields for adding, editing, or removing users are as follows - all fields marked with an (*) are required:
- ID: Will be automatically assigned for new users - no need to edit.
- USER_ROLE*: Roles include super_admin, recruiter, hiring_team_member, recruitment_manager, team_member, external_agency, or employee
- ACTION*: Add/Remove/Update/No action
- TRANSFER_OPENINGS_TO: In case a user is being removed
- TRANSFER_CANDIDATES_TO: In case a user is being removed
- TRANSFER_OTHER_TASKS_TO: In case a user is being removed
Save the file as a CSV. This file can now be upload by clicking on the Import Users button. You will receive a status email, once the upload is complete, with any added users or errors that occurred. The status email will also include the file as well as directions to correct any errors, if you'd like to try uploading the file again.
How do I assign users to various openings via upload?
Users who are not Super Admins - like Recruiters, Recruitment Managers, and Hiring Team Members - will need to be assigned to any openings you'd like them to work on. They will not have access by default. You can easily assign users to various openings via this page as well!
From the Bulk User Management page, you'll want to take a look at the Assign Users to Openings section. You can download the list of existing users from here, as well as the Openings.csv file - this is used in conjunction, to assign users to various openings.
Like with the Add & Update Users option, you'll be making changes directly in the CSV file and then uploading it to your Hire account.
You'll want to keep these guidelines in mind when editing the file:
- Double check all data before uploading it into the Hire system.
- You can assign users to openings by adding relevant opening IDs in ASSIGNED_OPENING_IDS
- You can remove users from openings by adding relevant opening IDs in REMOVE_FROM_OPENING_IDS
- When removing a user from an opening, make sure you select another user to transfer ownership by entering their email in TRANSFER_OPENINGS_TO. If there are any pending or assigned tasks or responsibilities associated with this user that are not transferred, we will not be able to deactivate the user.
Click into the sheet to view all of your users and their assigned openings:
From here, refer to the Openings.csv file you downloaded from the Bulk User Management page to find the associated Opening IDs. You can then add any openings you'd like to these users. You cannot add new users here - you are only able to edit their associated openings.
The openings assignment file will have the following columns - all fields marked with an (*) are required:
- ID*: The unique, assigned ID of the user - no need to edit or make changes here.
- USER_EMAIL*: The user's email - no need to edit or make changes here.
- ASSIGNED_OPENING_IDS*: The openings currently assigned to this user. Additional opening IDs here to assign the user to the openings.
- REMOVE_FROM_OPENING_IDS*: Add opening IDs listed in the Assigned_Opening_IDs column to remove the user from these openings.
- TRANSFER_OPENINGS_TO: If a user is removed from an opening, you'll need to assign the pending tasks to another user. Add their email here to assign the tasks, stages, or other action items to another user.
- ACTION*: Either no action or update
To assign a user to an opening, enter the values in the required fields, and enter Update in the Action column. To remove a user from an opening, enter the values in the required fields (i.e., REMOVE_FROM_OPENING) and enter Update in the Action column.
Save the file as a CSV. This file can now be uploaded by clicking on the Assign Openings button. You will receive a status email, once the upload is complete, with any added users or errors that occurred. The status email will also include the file as well as directions to correct any errors, if you'd like to try uploading the file again.
Have any questions? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we're here to help!